• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question chroot php

mr-wolf

Silver Pleskian
Plesk Guru
Only a very few clients of mine require SSH access.
Many of them like to run php.

For the chroot environment I have all the PHP's that are in the system and in their /etc/profile I have this:

cat /etc/profile
Code:
PHPpath="`find /opt/plesk -type f -name php | sort | tail -n1 | sed 's/\/php$//g'`"
[ -n "${PHPpath}" ] && export PATH=${PHPpath}:${PATH}

This way they will get the latest PHP-version that is available for them...
But I would prefer to give them the PHP that belongs to their site...

I may write a cronjob that writes the version in a file in the root of their system, but maybe someone knows a more elegant solution...

PS... I'm going to write that cronjob now... I think.

Mmmm....
Getting the PHP-version from a CLI-utility wasn't as easy as I thought.
Is it somehow missing or am I looking at the wrong places?

Back