1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

clam av plesk 7.5

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by nos4, Dec 12, 2004.

1. nos4

nos4 Guest

any one know why windows ver got clamav support and linux diddnt? and if it will be supported in a upcomming patch .

i cant even see why windows would be developed let alone get the better features .
    thanks

2. Griffith

Griffith Guest

I asked my sales contact if clamAv would be included in the linux release of psa, since I saw it in the windows-beta. He answered my that it would not be included :( Kinda boring !!!

3. nos4

nos4 Guest

yes that is really not right . for windows to get it and not linux.
    myst be a drweb inside deal.

ive developed a system to use clamav per accnt the way i wanted to do like drweb now only have to figure a way to interface it into the cp . only have to get it to add 1 snipplet to the dot qmail file of a user .

any ideas .

4. Griffith

Griffith Guest

ask atomicturtle / scott. I would guess he knows how to do :)

5. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

implement it inside the mail queue like I do (a la qmail-scanner), or you could tap into the Events system inside of PSA to customize the .qmail file. I went with option #1 since Im lazy :p

6. JoaoCorreia

JoaoCorreia Guest

Clam AV

I would like to see an independent-virus scanning Engine like qmail-scanner.

If for example you have access to very good prices or are a partner of Antivirus solutions X you should be able to use it.

Where is the flexibility once again ?

Regards
    Joao Correia