• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

CLI running indefintely, taking 50% of processor cycles

AndorA

Basic Pleskian
Since upgrading to Plesk 10.4.4 I have the following problem. Every now and then, I find the process php.exe *32 (description "CLI") running under user "Plesk Administrator".

There are two problems:

- It takes approximately 50% of processor power (it varies by the second between 45-55%)
- It doesn't stop, ever, unless I manually kill the process through the Windows Task Manager. I have kept it running for hours on end just to see if it somehow could finish whatever task it was trying to complete, but after at least 8 hours of continuous running I cannot image what task it could still be finishing.

Does anybody know of a log I can check to see what started the process, or which Plesk CLI utility is being used? Or is anybody having the same issue, or know of anything that I could check in order to try and resolve the issue?

Thanks in advance :)

Regs,
Andor

Yes, all the latest micro-updates are applied. The only thing potentially useful in the logs is the following from the PHP error log, but it doesn't mean much to me. Anybody can see if there's something fishy here that might be important and that could cause Plesk CLI from taking over half of CPU every other day or so?

[12-Jan-2012 20:03:15] Exception: PHP Warning: json_encode() [<a href='function.json-encode'>function.json-encode</a>]: Invalid UTF-8 sequence in argument; File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\Zend\Json.php, Line: 146 file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\smb\application\library\Smb\Exception\Syntax.php
line: 60 code: 0 trace: #0 [internal function]: Smb_Exception_Syntax::handleError(2, 'json_encode() [...', 'C:\Program File...', 146, Array)
#1 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\Zend\Json.php(146): json_encode(Array)
#2 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\panel\application\controllers\ServerController.php(34): Zend_Json::encode(Array)
#3 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\Zend\Controller\Action.php(513): ServerController->toolsAction()
#4 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\Zend\Controller\Dispatcher\Standard.php(295): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('toolsAction')
#5 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\Zend\Controller\Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#6 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\panel\application\library\AdminPanel\Application\Web.php(25): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#7 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\panel\application\public\index.php(20): AdminPanel_Application_Web->run()
#8 {main}

Hi.

Could you ever solve this problem? I resolve that Problem on two of our machines too.

Sincerely
Georg

Back