• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

CLI: schedulled backup

EveMauta

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
I'm looking to set up a schedulled backup from command line.
I haven't found the correct command, could you tell me if it's possible and how ?

Additional question: I'm looking too, to set for the server the max number backup file to save, do you know how to do it from cli ?

Thanks you very much.

Best regards
Eve

Hi UFHH01,

Well I already read this documentation, and do a lot of search about this before posting here.
I'm not talking about doing a backup but how to configure a Scheduled backup.

The only thing a found is the mysql request to see backup configured (In this forum):
mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa -e 'select * from BackupsScheduled;'

The goal is to set the number of backup before rotation for the server, and to be able to set a scheduled backup job.

Best regards
Eve

Hi EveMauta,

... not that difficult, I think... just create the cronjobs ( scheduled tasks ) with the desired backup - specifications, before the daily maintenance routine - there is no need to use the psa - database for this, because the daily maintenance is defined over cronjobs ( /etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily - /etc/cron.weekly/50plesk-weekly - /etc/cron.monthly/50plesk-monthly ). These daily/weekly/monthly cronjobs are executed by the crontabs ( /etc/crontab )

... test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily )
... test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.weekly )
... test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.monthly )

Hi,

Maybe I can't understand what you are telling me...
Anyway my goal is to use cli command to add in plesk scheduled backup (Display in plesk).

Do you know some solution for this ?

Best regards
Eve

PS:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
cat /etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily
#!/bin/sh
### Copyright 1999-2014. Parallels IP Holdings GmbH. All Rights Reserved.

# install_statistics
/usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php >/dev/null 2>&1

# install_mysqldump
/usr/local/psa/bin/mysqldump.sh >/dev/null 2>&1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
cat /etc/cron.weekly/50plesk-weekly
#!/bin/sh

/usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php weekly >/dev/null 2>&1
cat /etc/cron.monthly/50plesk-monthly
#!/bin/sh

/usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php monthly >/dev/null 2>&1
-----------------------------------------------------------
cat /etc/anacrontab
# /etc/anacrontab: configuration file for anacron

# See anacron(8) and anacrontab(5) for details.

SHELL=/bin/sh
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
MAILTO=root
# the maximal random delay added to the base delay of the jobs
RANDOM_DELAY=45
# the jobs will be started during the following hours only
START_HOURS_RANGE=3-22

#period in days delay in minutes job-identifier command
1 5 cron.daily nice run-parts /etc/cron.daily
7 25 cron.weekly nice run-parts /etc/cron.weekly
@monthly 45 cron.monthly nice run-parts /etc/cron.monthly
cat /etc/crontab
SHELL=/bin/bash
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
MAILTO=root
HOME=/

# For details see man 4 crontabs

# Example of job definition:
# .---------------- minute (0 - 59)
# | .------------- hour (0 - 23)
# | | .---------- day of month (1 - 31)
# | | | .------- month (1 - 12) OR jan,feb,mar,apr ...
# | | | | .---- day of week (0 - 6) (Sunday=0 or 7) OR sun,mon,tue,wed,thu,fri,sat
# | | | | |
# * * * * * user-name command to be executed

Hi EveMauta,

it is hard to understand, why you re-post the existing cronjobs, while you want to achieve NEW cronjobs to the actual existing ones, but anyway.....:

If you have issues, please provide YOUR actual command(s), that you would like to use and try to describe, WHAT doesn't work in your eyes as expected. If your commands result in an error message, please provide as well the error(s) from the command line for investigations.

Hi,
Really simple I'm looking to set up Scheduled backup as we can do by Plesk GUI but by CLI.
Do you know if it's possible to do something like what ?
(With this command: /usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup can't find the way to do something like what).
(With cron as you point me I haven't found something I could use to do this task).

At the same time I'm looking too to set the number of backup before rotation for the server by cli too.

Best regards
Vince

Hi EveMauta,

please have a look at "http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/how-do-i-add-jobs-to-cron-under-linux-or-unix-oses/" to learn some basics about how to create a cronjob.

A common entry for a pleskbackup ( including the transfer to another FTP - server ) could be:

00 23 * * * root /usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup –server -v --output-file=ftp://your_ftp_server.com/your_folder --ftp-login=USER-NAME --ftp-password=USER-PASSWORD >/dev/null 2>&1

... which would setup a cronjob each day, at 11:00 pm for a complete server backup, without eMail - notification.

There is no cli - command in Plesk ( as far that I know ), that offers the possibility to setup cronjobs, but you could create as well a bash script, which includes all your desired tasks/commands and add this instead of the example above.

From my point of view, it is far easier and faster to use the Plesk Control Panel to setup such tasks, even if you setup several servers at once. ;)

Hi UFHH01,
Goal was to deploy lot of server by script, for gain time...
Anyway thanks for your answer, I will try some Database insert to see if this do the job ;)
Best regards
Eve

Back