• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Client Backup Failing for Large Domain: socket.py + Broken Pipe

S

soarchrist

I have 18 clients on this machine, 17 of which have domains that are under 100 MB. One client, with 5 domains, has 8 GB. I have it set to backup the client (all domains + settings) once a week. Each week, this one client's backup fails. Everyone else's goes without a hitch.

There is room on the FTP repository. Looking at the repository, it seems like the backup works-- the files are there, but I still get the failed message. I've tried backing it up as one chunk... and as splitting it in either 2GB or 500MB chunks. NONE work.

I've searched the forums and while there have been some with a similar problem, no one really had a solution. My permissions in the dump folder are correct-- though I doubt that would be an issue if 1 out of 18 clients has a problem.

Here is the error:

Following error is occured during scheduled backup process:

Error in UploadToRepositoryState.doActivityRunner()
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/agent_runner/agent_runner.py", line 98, in doActivityRunner
newState = self.doActivity()
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/agent_runner/agent_runner.py", line 428, in doActivity
shutil.copyfileobj(localfh, remotefh)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/shutil.py", line 24, in copyfileobj
fdst.write(buf)
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/lib/python/ftputil/ftp_file.py", line 196, in write
self._fo.write(data)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/socket.py", line 261, in write
self.flush()
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/socket.py", line 248, in flush
self._sock.sendall(buffer)
error: (32, 'Broken pipe')
[/COLOR]

Any help and/or suggestions would be great! Thanks everyone.

Scott

Hi,

First thing to try is to backup this client locally and check how it will work - just to make sure that the problem arises when backup file is transfered to ftp repository.

Also you can try running backup using command line utility and specifying '-v' option to get more verbose output and also check backup logs which should be placed under /var/lib/psa/dumps/tmp/....

You can also check logs on ftp server and increasing fownload timeout.

i have same problem, it seems like the problem in my ftp server
i tryed to stor files manualy and saw this error

425 Cannot open data connection.
and after timeouts it gets disconnected

could you advice to me what should i check?

trying on team fortress 2 server site

Last edited by a moderator:
Back