• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Client MySQL problem

Q

Quaxxon

Hey Guys,

I upgraded to the Plesk 7.5 and now think i have buggered MySQL up.

I didnt know that plesk installed 2 instances of mysql and when clicking on the database link it was saying that there was an error with the connection to the database.

After poking around i thought that plesk had changed the port to 8306 because of maybe security (i know now this to be of 1 instance)

so I have changed the port and user details and sucessfully connected to the MySQL database server. HORRAYY!!

But.....

I have been creating my databases and loading my tables with info to only find that I cant connect to them from a web page. After playing around i noticed its because of the change in port number and procedded to look for a way to change it back to 3306.

After searching for an answer on this forum i found that there is suppose to be 2 instances running at the same time. But remembering that I couldnt connect to it in the first place. I noticed that there is this configure utility for MySQL now and used that but could never get at to work, would alway give errors.

I decided to delete the 'MySQL' instance and try again but even this gives errors. Right at the end where it says give a password for the root account, i type in the pasword i want and click next then click execute. then get an error on the secuiry update saying that access to root@localhost is denied.

My question is, on a new instance of mysql why am i getting access denied errors when im actually creating a root account.

Dont think i have any hair left.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Tou can edit %plesk_dir%\databases\mysql\data\my.ini file and add there:
skip-grant-tables string

Then you have to restart mysql and you'll be able to login with root user without any password.

Then you can update password for root user in "user" table with command:

update user set password=password('your_password') where user='root';

logout from mysql, remove skip-grant-tables string and restart mysql . Then go to plesk and try to apply these credential.

MAKE SURE that you login into customers mysql instance on 3306 port and one more thing that there can be not root user but admin.

Back