• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Client or Domain limits ?

M

mdscorp

if I set a client limit to be 500 MB of storage space. and I want this client to be able to host up to 5 domains, when I get to the domain limit option do I set 500/5 MB ? or do i set Unlimited and the limitation will be imposed by the limits at the client level ?

thanks

The hierarchy is as follow:
Server-web-hoster --> Client-reseller-->Domain-end user

When you set client limit to 500mb you won't be able set domain limit to unlimited,
You can set domains limit equally, or some other way you wish, but in summary it can't exceed 500mb

John S.G.

plesk limits

thanks for you reply.
more specifically if I set a storage allocation of 500 MB at the client level, what do I set for disk space at the domain level ?
If I set it to unlimited, will it respect the fact that the client only has 500 MB ? I don't want to set 125 MB for each domain as I want the disj space to be shared as each domains needs it.

thanks

Re: plesk limits

Currently, no way to allocate space as needed.
Also you have to allocate space for domain during setup, however you can change it later (because Plesk creates domain user who must have an entry in disk quota)

John S.G.

If you meant 5 domains max per client account and 500 mb max per domain.

When creating a client account it should be 2500 mb (five times five hunderd) as the limited space.

When creating the domain under the client account put 500 mb as the limited space. If you put unlimited it would use 2500 mb (the setting of client account) and creating second domain it would have no room if the first domain was using the client's maximum space.

Also this is a note to JackL, try to explain on how it works at the first time next time. It's just a suggestion to you JackL.

Back