• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Client seeing license warning????

C

chrisl@

Hello,

I am relatively new to Plesk. I setup a client and logged in as that client. When I do this I see the license warning: "Warning: You are currently operating within the grace period of your product license. To update ......"

My guestion is should a client see this? I would think only the admin would see this type of message. Of course if they follow the update link is gives permission not allowed but I would rather them not see it at all.

I am still waiting on a response to why my key is expiring even thought the date is in the future, but wondering about this as well.

Is this normal?

Check your firewall and be sure that port 5224 is open. That is the port that "phones home" to Plesk for the license updates.

And I agree with you, clients should not be able to see this type of message. I wonder if sw-soft is aware of this.

My key was set to be renewed on the 7th but I was getting the warning on the 6th. I logged in this morning and the message was gone and the key was updated.

Still two problems need to be addressed. One the client should not see this message and two I should not get the message before my renew time.

Same, I got the message a whole day earlier then when my key was suppose to be updated, and the server would not let me update the key till the renew date.

Happening here too. One of mine expires May of 2007 and Plesk it reporting that it will expire November 4th 2006.

And as previously asked: Why does the customer see this error message?

I find it a little disconcerting that the Plesk folks do not have any answers for this. Or if they do they do not read these forums. I don't want to upgrade to 8.0.1 after reading a variety of horror stories in the forums. I just want the warning message to go away.

Anyone know how to make this happen?

-zeb

Back