• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Clients, domain users, web users

B

brownangel

Clients, domain users or web users?

I have got a dedicated server with plesk installed on it to manage my clients. I also want them to have access to a control panel to do things like add subdomains and mail users and help desk.

I added them as clients however they have access to many things...I have tried restricting their permissions and limits but It seems too risky.

Am i adding them at the correct level as client, or can they access the plesk control panel as a domain user or web user?

Please elaborate on the latter 2.

Thanks

If you wish to allow a domain owner to use Plesk control panel for managing his/her domain, you should create a domain user account in Plesk. When a user is logged in to a domain user account, his/her control panel environment comprises the specific Domain's administration page, and access to the domain management capabilities is limited in accordance with the permissions you define.
You can do it in Plesk - Domains - domain.com - Domain User.

You can create for subdomain only a separate FTP user account.

Back