1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Clients logging in via ssl

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by gavinf, Aug 20, 2005.

1. gavinf

gavinf Guest

Can someone clear/confirm these points?

1. Should I be telling my clients to login using their domain, or using my server's host address or doesn't it matter? EDIT: I'm referring to logging into the Plesk control panel here.

2. If I get an SSL cert from a trusted authority for the server's main domain name, I could let users login via the server's host address to avoid that annoying little popup warning re the plesk url . . . couldn't I? Although it won't be as easy to remember a url than the customer's own domain name no doubt.

Thanks for any input!

2. k.satirli

k.satirli Guest

ad 1.) I'd suggest telling the client to go to your url. that way they dont have to endure the redirect and you sublimely communicate your company name to them :)

ad 2.) Umm.. I'm sure you can do it IF you use your own domain, but even wildcard certificates are only valid for *.domain.com not even *.domain.net :)

3. gavinf

gavinf Guest

Liquidblaze, I could kiss you. Thank you for your input . . . it's much appreciated. I think that's what I'll do then and then and I'll do bit more research on the hostname ssl side . . . I'll update this post when done.

Thank you again! So these forums are alive!!

:D

4. k.satirli

k.satirli Guest

hah no prob.

I'm here to find help and to lend a hand if possible. I just saw your other thread so I went to check this one out to see if I could assist :)