• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Clone this instance

NicolasP.

Regular Pleskian
I am trying to use "Wordpress -> Clone this instance" and I am getting this error.

clone.jpg

I tried to do it with other wordpress sites and nothing happened.

Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #13
CentOS Linux 7.3.1611

Hello Nicolas,

I cannot reproduce this issue. Could you please provide me with more details?

Hello.

You just go to a Wordpress Domain. You will see Clone on top of this page (under File Manager - Mail - Databases)

Choose where you want to clone this domain and maybe you will see this error.

It is the first time I need to clone a Wordpress Website within Plesk, but it gives me this strange error

Looks like WordPress Toolkit unable to dump database of your source WordPress instance using access credentials, retrieved from the wp-config.php of this instance. The initial issue EXTWPTOOLK-636 fixed in WordPress 2.2.0 (WordPress Toolkit - Plesk Extensions):

[-] If cloning of a WordPress installation was blocked by database import or export errors, the WordPress Toolkit reported that the installation was not configured, but did not explain the actual problem. Now it correctly detects and reports the problem that caused the error. (EXTWPTOOLK-636)

So, at now you get an actual error which block the cloning process. Could you please check ability to connect to database of your source WordPress manually with credentials, specified in wp-config.php?

Looks like WordPress Toolkit unable to dump database of your source WordPress instance using access credentials, retrieved from the wp-config.php of this instance. The initial issue EXTWPTOOLK-636 fixed in WordPress 2.2.0 (WordPress Toolkit - Plesk Extensions):

[-] If cloning of a WordPress installation was blocked by database import or export errors, the WordPress Toolkit reported that the installation was not configured, but did not explain the actual problem. Now it correctly detects and reports the problem that caused the error. (EXTWPTOOLK-636)

So, at now you get an actual error which block the cloning process. Could you please check ability to connect to database of your source WordPress manually with credentials, specified in wp-config.php?

Yes I can connect to my database using wp-config database username and password.

ssh.jpg

database.jpg

So, database of your WordPress located on local MySQL server (database server, where Plesk database located), with default port, that's right?

Probably, WordPress Toolkit unable to parse wp.config.php and extract database user name or database password incorrectly... could you please send me (privately, if it is more convenient for you) part of your wp-config.php where database access options specified? Then we can assess could it be parsed or not.

Back