• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Cloning website: Unable to remove references to temp *.plesk.page

akuma999

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
ubuntu
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello!
I cannot understand why DNS records A (modified on the hosting provider) keeps referring to the temp *.plesk.site url.

Here is what ive done:

I created a Temp domain under plesk : Plesk give me "nervous-zhukovsky.128-140-0-X.plesk.page" url.
On this temp domain, i cloned the customer website. (lets say the url is "myrealsite.com")
30hours ago, After successfull cloning, i made modifications to Records A on the hosting provider (register.it).
The A record now point successfully to my server (128.140.0.X).
then I, under plesk, renamed the domain "nervous-zhukovsky.128-140-0-X.plesk.page" to the real customer domain ("myrealsite.com")
After all i have made all SSL certificates (all is good) and replaced the temp url with the real url in my wordpress database installation .

After 30 hours, if i try to open "myrealsite.com" it keeps to refer to "nervous-zhukovsky.128-140-0-X.plesk.page".

I really dont know whats going on!

can you help?

(tell me if you need to know the real urls or need to have more printscreen!)

Attachments

• anon_1.png
    anon_1.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 3
Either A) you have old cache info still in your browser or B) you have some kind of redirection setup still (this could be caused by some web applications such as WordPress that has a URL set still going to the plesk.page instead of the main domain which you'll need to go into the database and update to reflect the new URL so you'll want to double check those).

Back