• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question CloudLinux 8 support

Very few votes. Extremely low demand - cloudlinux 8

Not everyone votes on User Voice (I hadn't, now I did), also even if they did, it's too early to say if the demand is "extremely low" when that request was only created 2 weeks ago.

CentOS8 support is already in Plesk and as far as I know CloudLinux haven't done any major changes on top, so hopefully it shouldn't take too long?

Last edited:
Given the relationship between the two development teams (my personal opinion matured after some "BIG" problems with mod_isapi and not yet solved by the staff of Plesk after months of waiting), I don't think we will see support for CloudLinux 8 anytime soon.
If you need to plan a future of your Plesk installation I think it's time to move to another SO, as CentOS or Ubuntu.

Ok but in that case Plesk should provide natively the same kinds of features (LVE, graphics with ressources consumption, cagefs and so on).
Centos alone in a multi-user environment (like it was supposed to be used with Plesk...) is much weaker on the security point of view !

This situation is a complete nonsense for me...

Ok but in that case Plesk should provide natively the same kinds of features (LVE, graphics with ressources consumption, cagefs and so on).
Centos alone in a multi-user environment (like it was supposed to be used with Plesk...) is much weaker on the security point of view !

This situation is a complete nonsense for me...

You're right but unfortunately this is the situation... Igor was clear (as well as in other posts about CloudLinux).

Guys, we have detailed statistics on the operating systems used for Plesk. Our resources are not unlimited. The procedure for releasing operating system support is very complex and time-consuming. A huge number of tests, checks, iterations. We cannot release a raw product. It is not as simple and fast as you might think. Therefore, we primarily provide support for the most used type of operating system, and only then for the least used. In my opinion, this is honest.

CloudLinux OS is based on the CentOS operating system... so if Plesk supports CentOS 8, then CloudLinux 8 should be the next step for logic reasons but I think there is some other reason behind this choice (my opinion of course)

Guys, we have detailed statistics on the operating systems used for Plesk. Our resources are not unlimited. The procedure for releasing operating system support is very complex and time-consuming. A huge number of tests, checks, iterations. We cannot release a raw product. It is not as simple and fast as you might think. Therefore, we primarily provide support for the most used type of operating system, and only then for the least used. In my opinion, this is honest.

Thank you for your answer but I still do not understand why you advertise bundles with Plesk and Cloudlinux and you do not synchronize the releases with them.

Personally, I bought a double license two weeks ago without even thinking that CL is not supported in its latest version.

From what I have read, many big hosters are using those products side to side. Saying that you do not have any ETA to support CL8 is really strange.
Stupid question but... are you really planning to support CL8? I think we, at least, deserve a clear answer, no?

18.0.30 is arrived but still no progress with CloudLinux 8.
I think you have to update the FAQ:
CloudLinux 8: late Q3 (Aug-Sept) 2020

hi
I have huge problem
I deleted a tmp folder from my cagefs folder in plesk platform to make space for my site based on a wrong reccomendation
Now my site is broken and it shows that the site is suspended
how can I fix this
thank you in advance

Hi, is there any feedback for Cloudlinux 8 performance or bugs etc? Seems there is limited information available in the forum.

Back