1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

CMAIL issues

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.3 Troubleshooting Issues' started by wsani, Aug 19, 2008.

1. wsani

wsani Silver Pleskian

40%
    Ever since we migrated to a CMAIL server, the mail server has been slowing down, crashing and simply not responding any more. It often errors out on the SMTP services.

We only have 300 domains on this mail server with the following hardware: Dual Xeon 3.2 Ghz, 8 GB RAM, Raid 5. 300 domains should not bring the server to a halt, should it?

Question: Is there a way to migrate clients from one CMAIL server to another?

2. gold

gold Regular Pleskian

57%
    You can migarte clients between Plesk servers assigned to different mail servers. Or do you want to replace your a existing mail server?

3. wsani

wsani Silver Pleskian

40%
    I need to eventually replace the existing mail server. However, I want to move customers are on MAIL to MAIL1, and then replace the hardware for MAIL.

4. wsani

wsani Silver Pleskian

40%
    By the way, how is the migration done? Do I deassign the server from MAIL, then assign it to MAIL1? Any walk-through available on this?

5. gold

gold Regular Pleskian

57%
    You can migrate clients/domains from MAIL to MAIL1 automatically using Plesk migration tools or manually using Plesk backup/restore tools and then deassing Plesk servers form MAIL and then assign its to MAIL1.

6. wsani

wsani Silver Pleskian

40%
    Okay to make sure that I understand:

1. Migrate all accounts using migration manager on MAIL1
    2. Deassign plesk server from MAIL:
    3. Remove accounts from MAIL when deassign
    4. Add Plesk server to MAIL1

Correct?

7. gold

gold Regular Pleskian

57%