• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue CNAME not working

Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.55 Update #2
abc.primary.com DNS is managed in cloudflare and Proxy option is turned off
Subdomain abc.primary.com is hosted in plesk and working fine

CNAME entry abc.secondary.com created to point to abc.primary.com
secondary.com is hosted on some other server and DNS entries are also managed elsewhere

When abc.secondary.com is loaded in browser it should be loading abc.primary.com but its loading default Plesk page
This means that CNAME is working fine and landing it to server, But server is unable to understand which directory to load and instead load default plesk page

Any help in this issue is highly appreciated

Thanks & Regards

Did you create the alias "abc.secondary.com" for "abc.primary.com" on the server so that it knows it should react on the request with abc.primary.com?

Thanks, after adding domain alias its working, but now facing another issue
SSL is failing and giving SSL warning, Any idea how to fix it. Do I need to install SSL for every domain Alias

Also is there any way I can bypass domain alias step, As I will be providing cutom URL to my clients
and its not posible to create domain alias for everyone. Can It work normaly like if I carete a CNAME and point to yahoo.com
It will load yahoo.com without any alises or dns setting. How to make it work like that

You'll need to modify the main web server configuration files for the server's host name domain, because that is the fallback domain if the server cannot link a request with another domain. But this probably will be a bigger challenge, because these files are managed by Plesk, so that they are overwritten with updates or reconfigurations of domains. You could consider putting a URL redirect into the server's default www document root, so that anytime that is opened, it redirects to your real domain that serves the content. But for the scenario you are seeking, no panel will be able to fulfill that, because it is rather something that requires individual configurations in the web server.

Back