• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question cname server response error

master58

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.5LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian
Hello I have a problem.

To start, I use:

Ubuntu 20.04.5LTS
Plesk Obsidian
Cloudflare.

Well, I have an autoresponder tool installed, to send emails.

I want to add a custom addon domain, to track with another domain; They ask me to add a cname that points from track.domain.com to responder.com, which I have already done.

But the server does not respond or does the corresponding redirection and this comes out

21f6ad5f097940a5952714a97c2d31b3.png

Basically the application is installed in the application.com (of my property)

So I have another domain called company.com.

Both work fine with no issues. However, in the application they give me the option to create a custom tracking; so it is only enough to create a dns record of the cname type from track.company.com that points to application.com, which I have already created, in cloudflare, and even also in the dns administrator of the domain in plesk.

However, an additional configuration is missing in plesk, so that this tracking redirection is taken, modify for example apache's httdocs, php or something similar; I want to know if this is it; otherwise I will have to require a dedicated IP for the domain application.com

Basically the application is installed in the application.com (of my property)
Is application.com a domain you are hosting in Plesk? Or an external service?

Both work fine with no issues. However, in the application they give me the option to create a custom tracking; so it is only enough to create a dns record of the cname type from track.company.com that points to application.com, which I have already created, in cloudflare, and even also in the dns administrator of the domain in plesk.
Ok, great.

However, an additional configuration is missing in plesk, so that this tracking redirection is taken, modify for example apache's httdocs, php or something similar; I want to know if this is it; otherwise I will have to require a dedicated IP for the domain application.com
What additional configuration is missing?

Is application.com a domain you are hosting in Plesk? Or an external service?

Ok, great.

What additional configuration is missing?
All domains are in plesk, on the same server.

They tell me I need this:

you need to make sure the server understands what to do when the request comes in for that cname, i.e. it must have the instructions for the correct redirect into that directory and after that path with wildcard.
You can have as many apps as you wish on that IP, but both the above must work (so that the server replies with the correct pages for each).
To test, just put in the cname, and it should arrive at the customer login screen.
But if I try track.company.com, it shows me the plesk login and not the information indicated, so what is missing is something to modify in the plesk configuration and that is where the problem is

The suggestion from @mow is interesting. And although your setup isn't entirely clear to me, I don't think you're looking for a redirect (or are you?). Instead I suspect you need to add track.company.com as an alias to application.com (without redirect). At least that would make more sense to me if you've already added a cname track.company.com that points to application.com. That way the server actually knows where to route requests to for track.company.com.

Back