• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Command-line backups

N

NxTek

Is it possible to run command-line backups like on Linux?

Since you asked your question in the "Plesk for Windows" forum , I assume your servers operating system is "windows". Therefore you cannot run linux backup commands from the command line. If you are running a linux operating system on your server and have "root" access, then you can run the backup commands from the command line.:

Originally posted by csidewebhost
Since you asked your question in the "Plesk for Windows" forum , I assume your servers operating system is "windows". Therefore you cannot run linux backup commands from the command line. If you are running a linux operating system on your server and have "root" access, then you can run the backup commands from the command line.:
He's asking if he can run the backup utility from the command line in Windows, similar to what he does with Plesk for Linux.

Doh! I noticed in the Email alert I got for scheduled alerts -

For user: psaadm
Running task: "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\backup.exe" --config-file "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Backup\backup_schedule.psc"
Started: Friday, April 29, 2005 3:00:52 AM
Ended: Friday, April 29, 2005 3:35:43 PM with code (0)

So I'm assuming I can run
C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\backup.exe --config-file C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Backup\backup_schedule.psc
from the command-line.

Back