• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Complete back-up script

A

al0000

Guest
Hello,

I have a dedicated server running Plesk 7.5.3.

I'm looking for a good backup solution for my websites/databases.

The backup feature of Plesk is a real mess (i tried backing up, and it destroyed my hosting setup).

I heard you can have good backups using cronjobs. I really don't know much about Linux (just enough to setup my websites).

How can i make a cronjob script?

I basicaly want the entire httpdocs folder, and the database, sent to a FTP server (myhost offers backup solutions using FTP).

Is that even possible?

Anyone could help me do that cronjob? That would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex
 
I need exactly the same thing.

I have 75+ domains on my server that I need to backup.

My server is running Fedora Core 2 with Plesk 7.5.4.

I need to backup the OS weekly and the websites, e-mail, & databases daily.

I only have FTP access to the backup server. Bandwidth to and from the backup server is UNLIMITED.


If anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!


Andrew
 
well psadump does really a good job if it is used correctly.

i do daily backups onsite and weekly backups offsite, what i do is this.

a bash shell script croned to run every day (monday-saturday) and another on sunday.

dialy:
backuper.sh
#!/bin/bash
rUTAD="/backups"
fILE="backup_server"
service psa stop1
/usr/local/psa/bin/psadump -f $rUTAD/$fILE --nostop --nostop-domain --force
/usr/local/psa/bin/psarestore -f $rUTAD/$fILE -t -m $rUTAD/$fILE.ipmap -s $rUTAD/$fILE.shellmap
/usr/local/psa/bin/psarestore -f $rUTAD/$fILE -t -m $rUTAD/$fILE.ipmap -s $rUTAD/$fILE.shellmap
service psa start1
exit 0

weekly does the same but has a ncftpput line to upload to a remote server.
 
Back
Top