• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Complete Failure of Webmail Plesk 9.5.4

Mike Legg

Basic Pleskian
I upgraded to 9.5.4 a few days ago and everything seemed fine, until I noticed the webmail.<domain> url was redirecting to the Plesk default page on one particular domain that had just started to use mail on our server.

I tried many solutions, none of which worked.

Finally I tried to disable and re-enable webmail via the "Settings >>Server Components" but when I tried to re-enable it I got the following error ..

Error: Set default component failed: defpackagemng failed: Execute websrvmng --add-webmail-site --webmail=horde failed: Cannot find hosting by domain ID 1, Cannot find hosting by domain ID 2 etc. etc.

All of the domain IDs that is says it can't find are in the 'hosting' table in the PSA database and they all relate correctly to domains in the 'domains' table.

So this appears to be a bug in Plesk 9.5.4.

I get the same error when running "%plesk_bin%\websrvmng.exe" --reconfigure-webmail from the command line.

As a result, webmail(default) has disappeared from IIS and webmail no longer works for any domains on the server.

Anyone have any ideas on how this one might be fixed?

Last edited:
I found a fix.

1) I've restored the old version of websrvmng.exe (Ironically, I use R1Soft CDP for my backups because I find the Plesk backup system unusable so I have multiple restore points for every file on my system)

2) With the old version of websrvmng.exe in place I've been able to re-enable horde via "Settings >>Server Components" within Plesk. This has created webmail(horde) in IIS.

3) Now I'm using the "Bindings" feature in IIS to manually add all of my domains to the webmail(horde) site in IIS and once this is done the webmail url then works.

I don't know what's going to happen when a client changes their webmail preferences via Plesk, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. For now I just want to get webmail working again.

I am still having problems with mine. Can anyone please kindly help me out?

Back