• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

"Complex" estructure for webservers using varnish

K

Kivivaj

I'm trying to configure the following strucure:

Internet -> Varnish (external IP:80) -> nginx (localhost:88)
-> apache (localhost:80)
-> mysql (localhost:default port)

My intention is that from internet people can only access to varnish, that is a "proxy-cache" that can redistribute the petitions from the users to different webserver, on my case nginx is serving a high-traffic site, and apache is serving multiple wordpress sites.

The reason of use varnish-cache in front of the web servers is because is the uniq way that I found for use different web servers for distribute the load of the sites and have more efficiently use of hardware resources. Varnish-cache is also caching all static content and is serving fast the sites because the web servers only need to pass the dynamic content.

The problem is that by default Plesk is configuring apache for listen ONLY on external IP, without possibility of change it to (in this case) to localhost, and with this configuration impossed I can't put varnish in front of webservers and webservers only listening on localhost.

Any help for try solve this?

Back