• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Composer and Plesk Obsidian

Kulturmensch

Regular Pleskian
I installed Drupal 8 in domain/httpdocs using composer as provided by Plesk but from the command line in the bash. This works fine and after finishing the installation I could switch to Pleks to control the composer.json file using the Plesk command in Websites & Domains/PHP Composer.

But as composer installs the index.php in a subdirectory of the webspace I had to set a docroot to this new directory. This works also fine and Drupal is up and running.

However, now I cannot adjust the "composer php command" as provided by the plesk UI (Websites & Domains/PHP Composer) to search for the right composer.json in the new docroot. As it does not find the original json it ask for changing the path to the new directory but shows as preselection of only directories to search from the status before without the new subdirectory.
Question: How can I modify the Plesk UI composer to find the composer.json in a new subdirectory of the original webroot?

Hi @Kulturmensch,

If I understand you correctly, your composer.json is located out of the domain's document root (it's located in the upper-level directory) and when you try to scan the domain to find necessary composer.json, it can't be found, am I right?
If so, then this is a kind of software issue (EXTPHPCOMP-71) that we are going to improve in the nearest PHP Composer update.
For now, you can switch the document-root to the folder where composer.json is located, scan the domain to find necessary composer.json and then switch the document root to subfolder.

Last edited:
Hi @dash, thank you for your recommendation. You are right, that's exactly my issue. Currently I am using composer-commands in the bash what works fine. This is easier as to switch between web- and docroot for me. From a convenient point of view I would prefer to do at least the composer-update-commands via the plesk management-ui. So I will wait until I can select the composer.json in Plesk which I need in one of the next updates:) of Plesk/composer

Thank you again, unfortunately I did not succeed with your proposal as the directory - once found with the process you have proposed - did not remain as selectable.

Back