• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved I can't log in: Composer detected

musghs

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi,
Since this morning I can no longer access the system. This error comes out:
- Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 8.0.2".

I tried from SSH the following commands but nothing:
/opt/plesk/php/8.1/bin/php /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/composer.phar install

Response:
Composer could not find a composer.json file in /root
To initialize a project, please create a composer.json file. See Basic usage - Composer

if I run the command:
plesk bin extension --disable monitoring
Composer detected issues in your platform:
Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 8.0.2". You are running 7.4.33.
PHP Fatal error: Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 8.0.2". You are running 7.4.33. in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/vendor/composer/platform_check.php on line 24
exit status 255

For now, I am using a work around that at least grants me access to the web interface again:

1. Disable composer
plesk bin extension --disable composer

2. Restart plesk (see plesk docs)
service sw-engine restart && service sw-cp-server restart

In our case it was a Plesk component that updated called "catalog" with a minimum requirement not met by our older Plesk version.

A work around for this is to edit: /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/catalog/vendor/composer/platform_check.php

if (!(PHP_VERSION_ID >= 70400)) {
$issues[] = 'Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 7.4.0". You are running ' . PHP_VERSION . '.';
}

Reducing the version requirement gets the panel to load again - but be warned this is unsupported hackery and that requirement is most likely intentional.

Hi, I'm logging today, 15 June 2023, Plesk Obsidian 18.0.41 and I get the error:
Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 8.0.2".

I tried the: plesk bin extension --disable monitoring

And it didn't work. Also trying to disable composer and it says it's not installed. Can I get some help?

Back