• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Configuring Kaspersky anti-virus in Plesk 12

RobinL

New Pleskian
I have recently installed Kaspersky anti-virus on Plesk 12.0.18. I have tested it with an eicar test virus file which it successfully detected, however a number of zip attachments containing .exe viruses seem to slip through. I therefore was looking into how to tweak the configuration of Kaspersky. There appears to be very little configuration options in Plesk 12 for it. The only options being to turn it on or off. I had a look on the Parallels site and found this document - http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP10/10.0.1/Doc/en-US/pdf/plesk-10-unix-kav-module-guide.pdf which talks about some options that were available in Plesk 10 but they seem to have completely removed them all in Plesk 12!

Can anyone help me understand how I can tweak the configuration of Kaspersky? The main things are ensuring auto updating of virus definitions and ensuring that all .zip files are scanned effectively.

Thanks you

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. This article link tells me that there are 2 files which could potentially be edited:
/opt/kav/sdk8l3/etc/kav-handler.cfg
/etc/kavehost.xml

However, there is no documentation as to what options can be set and the values to set them to. Is there any further documentation anywhere to assist?

Thanks

As far as I know you can modify only those options that are defined already in these config files.

Back