1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Configuring Plesk SMTP Service

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by sybersnake, Feb 19, 2005.

1. sybersnake

sybersnake Guest

Im using Plesk as a local test server and need to configure the SMTP service to send all requests to my local MS Exchange server.

Does it use it's own smtp service or the standard windows one? I noticed that plesk didn't request that I install SMTP service before it installed.

2. gmoody

gmoody Guest

Plesk uses the Mailenable SMTP service. You can access the configuration settings to Mailenable SMTP by going to 'start' 'programs' 'mail enable' and then to 'Mailenable Standard'

This brings up the mmc for mailenable. Expand servers, expand localhost, expand connectors, right click on smtp and the configuration options are there.

3. sybersnake

sybersnake Guest

Under Programs I only have

Accessories
    Acronis
    Active State ActivePerl
    Admni Tools
    MySQL
    Startup
    SWoft Plesk

4. gmoody

gmoody Guest

It should be there, but if not try this way. My Computer, C drive (if that is the drive that Plesk is installed in, other wise use that drive letter) Program Files, SWSoft, Plesk, Mail servers, mailenable, bin, mailenable.msc (double click)

5. SheyW

SheyW Guest

Hi !

How can i be allowed to enter on VPS because when i try to enter as admin it says to log on this remote computer u must be granted the allow log on terminal services right?

please help me;(