• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Confused, firewalld suddenly replaced by iptables on centos7?

geegee

New Pleskian
I could swear i was using the default centos7 firewall: firewalld as firewall for my server but after i could not login to openvpn anymore i noticed that port for openvpn was closed... but when checking firewalld config it should be open.

after digging around i noticed that iptables package was suddenly installed but i'm almost certain i did not do that.

so my guess us the plesk install did an update or something and suddenly installed and enabled the ancient iptables package.

i guess uninstalling it again will break plesk so my question is, where does plesk store the rules and how to change them accordingly? by hand or is there a module for this.\?

to be clear, the "Plesk > Tools & Settings > Firewall" option does not exist in my version (

psa v12.5.30_build1205150826.19 os_CentOS 7
)

suddenly installed and enabled the ancient iptables package.
i guess uninstalling it again will break plesk so my question is, where does plesk store the rules and how to change them accordingly? by hand or is there a module for this.\?

Just a note that iptables isn't ancient. Centos 7.X uses iptables. Firewalld is just a front end to iptables.

To install the Plesk firewall run the plesk autoinstaller:
Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller

It should be available under 14. - Plesk extensions -> 2. Plesk Firewall

I hope this helps!

you are right, i assumed firewalld was a seperate frontend to netfilter.. but it seems firewalld still uses iptables.

apparently openvpn port is open according to iptables but when doing nmap it comes up as closed.

it used to work so i wonder what changed.. and if it had to do anything wth plesk updates...

Back