• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Confused: Onyx System Updates

Pagemakers

Silver Pleskian
In Plesk 12.5 I would have manual updates off. Every couple of weeks the system would say a new update is available. EG 12.5 update 45 etc and I would click update.

Now I have upgraded to Onyx (I still have auto updates off) I am presented with 247 packages updates. Am I safe to update these? Would they normally be part of one of the plesk 12.5 micro-updates that would normally update anyway without my knowledge?

IMG_4487.jpg

If this was Plesk 12.5 with automatic settings off what would be selected on the screenshot below?

IMG_4484.jpg

I don't seem to be able to turn off auto plesk updates and auto 3rd party updates. When I save the page the 3rd party updates checkbox re-ticks. Is that correct?

On the plesk demo server you can turn both off.

Why is my system showing I have 247 packages available to install? Plesk 12.5 never did this. It only showed Plesk micro-updates.

How can I turn off these 3rd party notifications (if that's what they are)?

Hi Pagemakers,

Why is my system showing I have 247 packages available to install?
consider to use for Debian/Ubuntu - based systems "apt" or "aptitude" to update/upgrade installed packages on your server. Example: Consider to use
aptitude upgrade
... over your command line ( logged in as user "root" ) and you will get an answer to your question. :)

Back