• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Confused: Onyx System Updates

Pagemakers

Silver Pleskian
In Plesk 12.5 I would have manual updates off. Every couple of weeks the system would say a new update is available. EG 12.5 update 45 etc and I would click update.

Now I have upgraded to Onyx (I still have auto updates off) I am presented with 247 packages updates. Am I safe to update these? Would they normally be part of one of the plesk 12.5 micro-updates that would normally update anyway without my knowledge?

IMG_4487.jpg

If this was Plesk 12.5 with automatic settings off what would be selected on the screenshot below?

IMG_4484.jpg

I don't seem to be able to turn off auto plesk updates and auto 3rd party updates. When I save the page the 3rd party updates checkbox re-ticks. Is that correct?

On the plesk demo server you can turn both off.

Why is my system showing I have 247 packages available to install? Plesk 12.5 never did this. It only showed Plesk micro-updates.

How can I turn off these 3rd party notifications (if that's what they are)?

Hi Pagemakers,

Why is my system showing I have 247 packages available to install?
consider to use for Debian/Ubuntu - based systems "apt" or "aptitude" to update/upgrade installed packages on your server. Example: Consider to use
aptitude upgrade
... over your command line ( logged in as user "root" ) and you will get an answer to your question. :)

Back