• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Connect to/create a virtual folder

G

GarretMott

Hi -

We are putting together a 2 part site. The main portion will be PHP, but we need to connect to a secondary non-PHP/MySQL driven portion (it's written in Visual DataFlex, & will run standalone - using asp pages & its db).

Without Plesk installed, that webapp is configured through IIS & runs fine in its own folder from the root of C.

What I'd like to do is have Plesk recognize that folder - but when I try to create a virtual folder (in Plesk) by browsing to it, Plesk tells me it's invalid or not found. IOW - From Plesk, I want to create a virtual folder called MyAppFolder that's located at C:\MyApp.

When creating it, I browse to C:\MyApp & then click OK. Plesk changes "C:\MyApp" to "../../../MyApp" (which I understand) & then gives the error. Ive played with adding & subtracting "../"'s (not knowing where Plesk is basing it structure from), but no luck there either.

I'm thinking that Plesk can't deal with a site outside of its structure (inetpub\vhosts\domainname.com\httpdocs).

Can anyone tell me how to do this - or definitively that I can't?

TIA -

Garret

Thanks for the response. I figured Plesk would prevent me from doing that.

I'll check out your links.

Best, Garret

Back