• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Virtual directory in sub folder

M_N

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Windows Server 2022
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.53 Update #2
Hi

When clicking on virtual directories, plesk starts at the top level (website root) and there is a button at the top to create a new virtual directory.

If I click on an existing folder to enter that folder, there is no longer a button to create a virtual directory, it seems plesk only allows to create a virtual directory inside the top level folder and not in any subfolders. Why is that?

That is definitely allowed in IIS, so I can't imagine why plesk would not allow it?

I would imagine it's because most people adds virtual directories in the root to begin with and would rarely be used inside other directories, especially since virtual directories are generally primary used to point to a different physical location to begin with. I would suggest looking through the UserVoice forums to see if someone made a suggestion for that feature and vote for it (or create it if one doesn't exist): Feature Suggestions: Top (1843 ideas) – Your Ideas for Plesk

Back