1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Connect to MySQL

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by screech8780, Sep 1, 2005.

1. screech8780

screech8780 Guest

I am using DreamweaverMX 2004 and I cannot seem to connect to the databases on my remote server. I do not have a server installed locally, and do not plan on installing on. How do I get Dreamweaver to see my database?

2. mikk

mikk Basic Pleskian

73%
    You will need to open the database to external connections.

You can do this via mysql as root

login to mysql and run

use mysql;
    UPDATE db SET Host='%' WHERE Db="YOURDBNAME";
    UPDATE user SET Host='%' WHERE User="YOURUSER";
    FLUSH PRIVILEGES

This will then open your server to external connections for that particular database.

(however i thought dreamweaver actually uploaded its own kind of proxy php files that it used so you didnt need to open external connections)

3. screech8780

screech8780 Guest

How do I login to MySQL through plesk? The only option I have seen to do anything with MySQL is to set the database to MySQL.

4. mikk

mikk Basic Pleskian

73%
    You need to be admin of the server to run the commands above. And do them via a ssh shell.

5. screech8780

screech8780 Guest

Okay, I've got the ssh terminal working. Which shell do I neeed to allow, eg. bin\bash, i tried inputing the commands but I kept getting "command not found". This should be the las that I need.