• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Connect to MySQL

S

screech8780

I am using DreamweaverMX 2004 and I cannot seem to connect to the databases on my remote server. I do not have a server installed locally, and do not plan on installing on. How do I get Dreamweaver to see my database?

You will need to open the database to external connections.

You can do this via mysql as root

login to mysql and run

use mysql;
UPDATE db SET Host='%' WHERE Db="YOURDBNAME";
UPDATE user SET Host='%' WHERE User="YOURUSER";
FLUSH PRIVILEGES

This will then open your server to external connections for that particular database.

(however i thought dreamweaver actually uploaded its own kind of proxy php files that it used so you didnt need to open external connections)

How do I login to MySQL through plesk? The only option I have seen to do anything with MySQL is to set the database to MySQL.

You need to be admin of the server to run the commands above. And do them via a ssh shell.

Okay, I've got the ssh terminal working. Which shell do I neeed to allow, eg. bin\bash, i tried inputing the commands but I kept getting "command not found". This should be the las that I need.

Back