• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Connection String for ASP+MySQL

A

AngryKid

I'm trying to connect to a MySQL database using ASP under Plesk 6.5.1, however, when I try to connect to my page I get the error:

[ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

The error appears to be the connection string, although I've tried several variations without success. What is the correct connection string for ASP+MySQL pages? I've tried the following:

"driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver}; server=localhost; database=myDB; uid=daniel; pwd=xxx"
"driver={MySQL}; server=localhost; database=myDB; uid=daniel; pwd=xxx"
"driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver}; server=mydomain.com; database=myDB; uid=daniel; pwd=xxx"

Can anyone give me a correct connect string? My service provider was unable to. With Helm, the first connection string listed above worked like a charm.

MyODBC

After further research, I have a feeling they don't have the MyODBC driver installed. Does this not get installed with a standard Plesk setup, or is it supposed to be installed manually? Hardly turn-key :/

Any ideas?

MyODBC driver for using odbc connections is not installed.

You can use a dsnless connection no problem. The connection string varies depending on what programming format you are using.

Also, if you are using ASP, ADO with DSNLess is actually faster than DSN.

Does anyone know the connection string to use to connect to an mysql database using a dsn-less connection without an odbc driver installed?

Thanks!

We installed the My ODBC driver into the server and then use remote desktop to make DSNs

Do Plesk have any plans to integrate DSN drivers for MySQL into later versions? Given the price of MS SQL and the issues you get with Access, I would have thought this would be a high priority..........

Did anyone find a connection string that works with MySQL?

Back