• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Connection Timed Out Mail

Chrisp

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.63 = #4
Hi having issues with send out email to certain doamins.

icloud.com
me.com
yahoo.com

Error message =

connect to mx01.mail.icloud.com[17.57.155.25]:25: Connection timed out

They then just sit in the mail queue as deferred. All the rest of email domains go out.

Any ideas of what we could check?

Thanks

If your IP is black listed, you would had gotten a bounce back. Since you're getting a connection timed out this is telling me that whoever is hosting your server has outbound port 25 blocked. You would need to reach out to the hosting provider and ask them to unblock port 25.

If your IP is black listed, you would had gotten a bounce back. Since you're getting a connection timed out this is telling me that whoever is hosting your server has outbound port 25 blocked. You would need to reach out to the hosting provider and ask them to unblock port 25.
Wouldn't this affect all email going out and not just some domains?

Depends on different factors but connection time is usually always because the port isn't open as I've mention before if it was black listed you would had gotten a bounce back stating as such.

Back