• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Considerations when upgrading MySQL on Plesk 12.5.3?

awasson

New Pleskian
Hello,

I've got a VPS (Plesk 12.5.3) that hosts about two dozen active Drupal 7 powered websites and several Wordpress sites. At the moment the MySQL database engine is at version 5.1.73 but in order to host Drupal 8 sites, I need to update MySQL to a minimum version of 5.5.3.

I see that I should be able to SSH in and update via the shell following the instructions here: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213367429

Since I've got about 30 databases in use, are there any tips or suggestions to ensure that I don't run into trouble during the update?

Is it possible to add a second Database Engine so that I leave the existing one at 5.1 and add another at 5.5?

Thanks,
Andrew

No any special tips here except creating the backup of critical data before update.
You can add external MySQL database server in Tools & Settings -> Database Servers and mark it as default MySQL server.

Back