• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Constant Plesk Administrator password?

K

knocx

Weird...interesting and i dont want to believe this....but

we had 2 windows psa servers (7.5.6 & patched) compromised constantly , thus we had abandoned the servers and 1500 domains, discontiniued plesk, this costed us over 30.000USD

I had a post about some vulnerabilities here

http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31670

But this thing is different , today another hacked company called us , they had 1 win PSA windows server with same settings and they are also compromised several times. he said that the hackers contacted him and told where the breach is.

he says : The hackers caimed that The "Plesk Administrative Account" which is a member of Administrators group has a default password by installation thats how they get in so easiliy,

the company isnt sure if they are talking about Plesk Administrative account or psaadm account.

The question is : Does this Plesk Administrative account or psaadm has a constant password???

I will try to dump the sam database and analyse this, please anyone tries this test, post what you found it here

> Does this Plesk Administrative account or psaadm has a constant password???

No. These passwords generate by random algorithm.
Can you contact SWsoft support team for give more information about problem?

But, may be you used the cloning for creating new server. In this case passwords can be coincided. For setting new password you can use the following command:
papswd --set --password='new password'

Back