• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input Problems as a Plesk Partner

jnarvaez

Basic Pleskian
Hi, I already contacted with my Account Manager and Plesk Billing but seems they think everything is fine with their system, so I wanted to share it here to see what other Partners thinks:

Your billing methodology is not fair, you always bill more time than really used:

If I purchase a monthly license from 15th June to 14th July, I will be billed two months, June and July. As a partner we always lost a month. As a regular customer in Plesk.com, you can purchase a "real" monthly license.

More problems I found in your billing system:

· When purchasing a license through central.plesk.com you do not see prices, you have to be looking at the PDF price list. Why? I think you do not want to show the partner what he is expending.

· We cannot purchase 12 months licenses with the 1 month the discount you offer in Plesk.com.

· Monthly invoices not understable, we had to ask you for a detailed invoice...

· A human error caused us a license was used in two servers (and other license in none), you have been billing us three times (two times the license used in two servers, and one time the license used in none) for one year. You could have warned us about this (yes I know I can see this in central.plesk.com but I do not want to be accesing every day to see if there is an error).

· You can purchase a Plesk license for VPS and add a language pack for dedicated server (which is more expensive). You have to be careful when ordering services...

· Why do you bill and expired license but not terminated? That license that not works, why do you bill it?

· Why does not exist a button to terminate the license and the end of the period?

Summarizing, your last pricing increase have left us without margin, and all these problems had caused us and probably still causing (if we are not very careful), to pay more money as a partner than a regular customer.

Hello,
Let me clarify the cases.

If I purchase a monthly license from 15th June to 14th July, I will be billed two months, June and July. As a partner we always lost a month. As a regular customer in Plesk.com, you can purchase a "real" monthly license.
The billing of partners is monthly. By the end of a month, the system checks the state of licenses. The license is billed if a license:
- is active;
- was terminated but also renewed for one extra month. Because renewed license can be used during the next month in Plesk (if you don't click "Retrieve keys" in Plesk).
If you don't want to use license in the next month and don't want to be charged for the extra month, please, terminate your license before the update date.
As a conclusion, the license is billed for one month if can work only one month. If your license is renewed for the next month, and after that is terminated, the license is charged for the second month, because the license is available to be used in Plesk for two months.

· When purchasing a license through central.plesk.com you do not see prices, you have to be looking at the PDF price list. Why? I think you do not want to show the partner what he is expending.
There are no bad intentions for not displaying prices. We have not implemented this functionality yet. We have this request in our backlog, and we will inform our partners when it is ready. Thank you for sharing this with us and highlighting this point.

· We cannot purchase 12 months licenses with the 1 month the discount you offer in Plesk.com.
Conditions and offers differ for retail customers and partners. It's common practice. Each target audience has its benefits of cooperation, which depend on the customer's business size.

· Monthly invoices not understable, we had to ask you for a detailed invoice...
Let’s work together to improve this. Contact your Manager to offer improvements regarding invoices.

· A human error caused us a license was used in two servers (and other license in none), you have been billing us three times (two times the license used in two servers, and one time the license used in none) for one year. You could have warned us about this (yes I know I can see this in central.plesk.com but I do not want to be accesing every day to see if there is an error).
Unfortunately, it’s challenging to determine whether license usage on several servers was human error, or not. As for partners tolls for detection of multiuse, we will consider how we can simplify this and will notify Sales Managers in case of any improvements upon this matter.

· You can purchase a Plesk license for VPS and add a language pack for dedicated server (which is more expensive). You have to be careful when ordering services...
The language packs are applicable for all Plesk licenses. We configure product mapping and check the consistency. However, if you notice a mismatch, please contact your Sales Manager, and we will fix it.

Why do you bill and expired license but not terminated? That license that not works, why do you bill it?
The general approach: a license in status “expiring soon” is billed, because can be renewed and be active again; a license in status “expired” is not billed, because can’t be renewed anymore.

Why does not exist a button to terminate the license and the end of the period?
We had no such feature request yet. Thank you for letting me know about this need. We will take into consideration.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I hope this helps you achieve some clarity regarding this case. It’s also important to stay getting in touch with your Manager and sharing concerns.

Last edited:
The billing of partners is monthly. By the end of a month, the system checks the state of licenses. The license is billed if a license:
- is active;
- was terminated but also renewed for one extra month. Because renewed license can be used during the next month in Plesk (if you don't click "Retrieve keys" in Plesk).
If you don't want to use license in the next month and don't want to be charged for the extra month, please, terminate your license before the update date.
As a conclusion, the license is billed for one month if can work only one month. If your license is renewed for the next month, and after that is terminated, the license is charged for the second month, because the license is available to be used in Plesk for two months.

A license expired (because it has autorenewal disabled), but not terminated, is considered as active and will be billed?
E.g.: I purchase a license on 15th June with autorenewal disabled, I do not do anything to renew it, so it will expire on 15th July, but I do not click on terminate button.
will it billed on June and July?

Regards

15 June - creation date
01 July - a license is included in a billing report.
15 July - update date. But a license is not renewed. A license gets the status "expiring soon”, works on a server and can be renewed.
~25 July - expiration date. A license gets the status “expired” and can’t be renewed.
1 Aug - a license is not included in a billing report.
~05 Aug - a license is terminated.
It's a general workflow. To clarify the billing of a specific license, contact your Manager.

Back