• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Control panel stops working after a while

W

webcie

Hello,

I've upgrade from 8.1.1 to 8.2. Installation went fine. But I've noticed that the control panel goes down after about a hour. I noticed it when my expand server started to complain about SSL errors (unable to connect, ...)

When I restart the pleskcontrolpanel service everything runs fine for an hour or so. When I restart I get the following error in the event log:

The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>> [Tue Aug 07 10:12:48 2007] [warn] (OS 2)The system cannot find the file specified. : No installed ConfigArgs for the service "PleskControlPanel", using Apache defaults. .

I can't find any other error. I've enabled debugging so the plesk event log is filling up quiet quickly.

any suggestions?

Jef

Hello webcie,

Thank you for the report. This is known issue. It will be fixed as soon as possible.

Now please run Plesk Reconfigurator > Repair Plesk Installation with checked option Plesk Services.

Hello,

I've run the reconfigurator about six hours ago and it seemed to solve the problem at first but now almost six hours later the control panel stopped again.

Jef

im using iis and still im haveing the same issue control panel stops responding until i restart plesk services.. Any suggestions ?

Hello,

I've just switched from apache to iis. So far so good, I'll let you know as soon as something changes.

Jef

Originally posted by digiinet
im using iis and still im haveing the same issue control panel stops responding until i restart plesk services.. Any suggestions ?

Please go to IIS Manager > Application Pools > PleskControlPanel > Properties > Recycling and decrease options Recycle worker processes (in minutes) and/or Recycle worker process (number of requests)

Tried it and had no success it still stops working very often, any bug fix for this yet ?

Hello,

switching to IIS wasn't a solution for me. The problem remains

Jef

Please decrease options Recycle worker processes (in minutes) and/or Recycle worker process (number of requests) to small value.

Please try to set 10 for Recycle worker processes (in minutes) and 1000 for Recycle worker process (number of requests).

We are having the same issues with Plesk 8.2.0 for Windows, I have set the recycling properties of the application pool as suggested which appears to help, but does not fix the problems.

If you need to login and take a look at one of the servers affected I will open a ticket, or do you guys already have a fix in the next 8.2.x release?

Gentlemen,

Sorry for delay. Please try the followings.

1. Stop Plesk Control Panel and Plesk Management Service.
2. Download updated modules runtask.exe, plesksrv.exe and copy it to folder %plesk_bin%.
3. Download updated module php_plesk_util.dll and copy it to folder %plesk_dir%admin\modules.
3. Start Plesk Management Service and Plesk Control Panel.

Please backup old modules before copying.
Any feedback is very appreciated.

I have the same issue and never noticed it before. 8.2 is running a longer time, but the hang-up of the pleskcontrolpanel is getting more frequent every day.

I noticed today that i had to restart approx every 2 hours.

I tried to use the new files that you put available above, but this didn't help.

Hello,

It seems to work for me. My expand server has no problems anymore to connect and customers seem to be able to connect as well.

My expand server system health now states only 2 errors in the last 7 days. This never happened since the upgrade to 8.2

Jef

This worked for me:

Please go to IIS Manager > Application Pools > PleskControlPanel > Properties > Recycling and decrease options Recycle worker processes (in minutes) and/or Recycle worker process (number of requests)

Hi, I've tried all of this steps but I'm having to restart the Server a few times a day. Any help?

Hello,

Try the Plesk Reconfigurator > Repair Plesk Installation with checked option Plesk Services

this should fix the issue with applcaition pool

D

Back