• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Control Panel won't start

W

warehousemedia

Hi,
Am running Plesk on a Virtual Dedicated Server but recently was not able to connect to the control panel by going to serverip:8443. Can't even get the control panel to start on the server itself after connecting via RDC.

I had my host company upgrade Plesk but the control panel will still not start, and they say it is because I have too many files on the server that is overwhelming Plesk.

I have setup a fully dedicated server but need to switch some content over, so I need to know if anyone has any ideas on resolving this problem. To be honest, I have never had to manage a server without Plesk, so I am a little unsure as how to remove some domains using just the Windows-supplied tools, so any help there would be appreciated as well.

Thanks so much for your time!
Zach

Hello,

Plesk 7.6.x Control Panel (ond later versions) can be managed under both IIS and Apache web service. You can find the exact method in the registry:

Start > Run > cmd > HKLM > SOFTWARE > Plesk > PSA Config > Config > WEB_PROVIDER

After that you may try to switch it to the different one with the command:

Start > Run > cmd
> cd %plesk_bin%
> reconfigurator.exe --switch-plesk-web-server --new-provider=apache

or

> reconfigurator.exe --switch-plesk-web-server --new-provider=iis

and monitor if Plesk CP starts under this web server.

As for domain removal. Unfortunately it is not quite clear what is the exact error that occurs when you trying to remove some specific domain. Can you provide me with the error message? In any case, removing domain manually from IIS or Plesk database is not recommended as there are lot of broken dependencies occurs during incorrect removal.

Back