• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Control plesk rejecting policy of emails

MislavO

Regular Pleskian
Hello.

Example: if you set in mail settings of domain "What to do with mail for non-existent users - Reject" and you send email to such user, you can see error in maillog:
- NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from xy Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

and of course, you receive bounce-back message saying:
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently: XY

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain XY by XY. [XY].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.1.1 XY: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

Anyway, what is really difference between option bounce and reject? Both are doing the same just under bounce you can specify some message?

What I'm wondering is how does plesk control this as how can I set this to be e.g. DISCARD ? I've tried with header checks, but no success.

Take just an example if some bot sends 1000 emails from different places to your domain -> all emails are getting bounce-back - instant poor server reputation/score and maybe even blacklisting. How to prevent that, is there a way to set to such options DISCARD?

Same goes for e.g. relay access denied or Helo command rejected: need fully-qualified hostname.

Back