• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Copy and Paste in Plesk SSH Terminal

dhdtechs

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CloudLinux
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0
Does anyone know how to use Copy and Paste features in the Plesk SSH Terminal?

Hello Dhdtechs,

- For copying the text in the terminal, select and use Ctrl+Shift+C

- For pasting the text in the terminal, select and use Ctrl+Shift+V

By highlighting and right-clicking the text you want to copy, you can open the context menu and select the option to Copy from the list of options.OR, to paste any previously copied text into the terminal. you can right-click on a new line in your terminal and select Paste.

Thanks for the reply however it does not work for paste at all. Hopefully perhaps you can suggest a solution?

Right click on the SSH terminal simply brings up the context menu for images in Firefox and Microsoft Edge because the html element is a CANVAS so that doesn't work.

CTRL+SHIFT+C in Firefox, Chrome and Edge all fail to work because they are used instead to bring up the developer tools.

I found a workaround here to get COPY to work but only tested in Firefox (just paste the javascript code into your browser console).

However CTRL-SHIFT-V doesn't work on any of Firefox, Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

One thing that DOES work in Firefox however is selecting either COPY or PASTE from the Firefox Edit menu. So that is what I think is the easiest solution,

For me, In Firefox, Select and CTRL + C works for Copy.

Only option for Paste via the FF Edit Menu as you have mentioned.

Thanks for the reply however it does not work for paste at all. Hopefully perhaps you can suggest a solution?

Right click on the SSH terminal simply brings up the context menu for images in Firefox and Microsoft Edge because the html element is a CANVAS so that doesn't work.

CTRL+SHIFT+C in Firefox, Chrome and Edge all fail to work because they are used instead to bring up the developer tools.

I found a workaround here to get COPY to work but only tested in Firefox (just paste the javascript code into your browser console).

However CTRL-SHIFT-V doesn't work on any of Firefox, Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

One thing that DOES work in Firefox however is selecting either COPY or PASTE from the Firefox Edit menu. So that is what I think is the easiest solution,
The Ctrl-Shift-C-Should-Copy workaround works in Chrome too. And CTRL-SHIFT-V works for me in Chrome without any workarounds...

Back