• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

copy contents of one domain to another?

P

pleskguy

I have a templated type set up, where I have lots of domains that have essentially the same content when they open. Sort of like when you ghost a computer and then you can take that image and put it on others as a "base install".

So I need to copy the contents of the httpdocs folder from one domain that exists as the "base model" to a new domain. Can I do this thru plesk? Right now I do it by command line but want to turn the function over to someone non-technical.

You can redesign "Default Plesk Page", so by default all domains would look the same from the start.

Default path to default vhost...
with default Plesk page...
is:
/var/www/vhosts/default/htdocs/index.html

I've got the same question, and the "default page" or skeleton solution is not what I'm after. Is there any way to completely copy a domain including its files and databases to new domain?

Tweeking of sitebuilder

You could do that with the event manager, which will trigger an action on a create, update, or delete event.

Just a thought:

Copying data with the event manager is a good idea and solid solution, for everything you want.

But in essence, this solution is more appropriate for static sites without databases etc.

You probably want to set up a dynamic site from a template, with site specific data in database, page templates etc.

Normally sql scripting and xsl templating would be ideal.

But then again (coming to the thought)......why bother? Sitebuilder has a similar concept. Publish your site...and create some specific site elements, capture data in database, add forms ........whatever you want.

This is more flexible and probably the only thing you have to do is making a Sitebuilder template. Not that difficult.

Brilliant thing about this is that you can assign multiple templates .......and also can apply some (that is, a lot) tweeking of the sitebuilder templates.

Hence, a solution already exists.

You should not buy the sitebuilder linux thing though, probably your provider has a better (or free) offer.

Also there is a possibility for a development license key for sitebuilder (with lots of limitations, but this license seems exactly right for you).

Just a thought.....

PS we do apply sitebuilder for some custom purposes and it is working fine. It can be trusted, it is not rocket science.

Back