• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Failed to copy content of database

Vikelidis Kostas

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux release 8.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.58.2
I am trying to transfer a subscription from one Plesk server (Centos7.9) to another one (AlmaLinux 8.9) and i am getting the following error:

Code:
Failed to copy content of database 'the_database_name_here'
Migration tools tried to perform operation in 3 attempts: Command execution failed on the source server 'source' (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) with non-zero exit code.
command: MYSQL_PWD="$(cat)" mysqldump --no-defaults -h localhost -P 3306 -uadmin --quick --quote-names --add-drop-table --default-character-set=utf8mb4 --set-charset --routines --events the_database_name_here > /root/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-a6oxhtf9ddrwtvzarn8hklab3898u1ht/db-dumps/the_database_name_here.sql
exit code: 3
stdout:
stderr: mysqldump: Error 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query when dumping table `cvEpBK7UP_pmxe_exports` at row: 1

I have already increased the max_allowed_packet to 1G in both [mysqld] and [mysqldump] sections of MariaDB config files but the problem remains.

If i run the same command (omitting the --no-defaults option) direct in the command line of the server the dump is created successfully.

The man page of mysqldump states that:
Code:
--no-defaults
          Do not read default options from any option file. This must be given as the first argument.

It seems that the mysqldump utility (or the way that Plesk uses this utility) ignores the variables in the config files of MariaDB.

Is there any solution for this?

Back