1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Copy CSR / SSL Certif' to multiple servers.

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Willv, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Willv

Willv Guest

Use a wildcard Certif' on multiple servers. [RESOLVED]

Hi,

I've got a wildcard SSL Certificate on one of my server, and I would like to be able to use it on all of my servers. Is there any " clean " way to export my CSR or certificate to use it on another machine ?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2010
  2. Willv

Willv Guest

Ok I found that there is a reference in the psa DB and the certificates table to the certificate. I did an export and also copied the file in /usr/local/psa/var/certificates but i must be missing a reference somewhere.

Any clue on what I am missing ?

3. Willv

Willv Guest

Ok,
    I got workaround :

1) Export your Certificate record from the psa/certificates Database,
    2) Copy the two files mentionned on the record that must be located in the psa root dir ( /usr/local/psa/var/certificates in my case ) to the other server where you wanna use the certificate, (be carefull to the files rights)
    3) create a test certificate on the new server,
    4) overwrite that record by the one you previously exported,
    5) reload and live happy.

I'd be glad to have a " cleaner " way, but this one works quite fine.