• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Copy of subscription details

Ch3vr0n

Basic Pleskian
I'm a small hoster and webdesigner for friends and family and anyone who wants a website but doesn't know how to register a domain etc. I'm currently running a DirectAdmin VPS and am in the process of migrating all current accounts. DA upon creating a subscription, sends a copy of the subscription details (FTP, mail settings etc) to the server admin, so they can easily be forwarded again if need be (had this happen a few times).

Does plesk have this ability? (From initial digging it doesn't seem so) Any chance of previewing a what the customer subscription customized e-mail message looks like?

You can go to Tools&Settings > Notifications and look at notification email templates there. You can even edit them.

Hmm, found the templates but not what i'm looking for. As i mentioned, DA by default sends an e-mail upon account/domain created with a summary of the FTP details etc. Looks like this

Code:
Username: <insert domain username>
Password: <insert domain password>
Domain: <domain.tld>

To login immediately, please follow this link and use your username and password:

<insert link to control panel>

Once your domain is active you will be able to reach it via this link:

<link to domain.tld:portnumber>

Bandwith: <insert amount>
Disk space:  <insert amount>

Virtual domains: <insert amount>
Subdomains: <insert amount>

Email accounts:  <insert amount>
Email forwarders: <insert amount>
Email autoresponders:  <insert amount>
Email mailing lists: <insert amount>

POP Server: <insert mailserver address>
SMTP: <insert mailserver address>
Username: <insert username>
Password: <insert password>

FTP accounts: <insert amount>
FTP Anonymous: <ON/OFF>
FTP Server: <insert ftp address>

Username: <insert username>
Password: <insert password>

IP: <insert domain IP>

Use <insert domain IP>/~<insert username> to reach it until the domain is active.

MySQL Databases: <insert amount>
Domain Pointers:  <insert amount>
SSH: <ON/OFF>
SSL: <ON/OFF>
CGI: <ON/OFF>
PHP: <ON/OFF>
DNS Control: <ON/OFF>

That's what i'm looking for to customize. Does Plesk have such a function, if so where? On and on that matter. Can you customize the default generated pages for new/suspended domains? Ifso so, where.

Forgive me for bringing this topic back to life, but i finally found the time to look into this.

I'm making progress but i'm not there yet. After consulting the documentation at Automatic Email Notifications I have a few questions

{{ password }} placeholder doesn't get filled in if the account is flagged as "inactive" until enabled by user. Is this expected behavior?
Is there a placeholder that generates a temp link for access until the domain resolves? Something like https://<insert server IP here>/~<customer username>?
I'm trying to add some basic info in the e-mail succes as mentioned above and i only found 2 placeholders

{{ disk_space_limit }}information about the amount of disk space allocated to the account
{{ traffic_limit }}information about the bandwidth amount allotted to the account

The problem is, they're not being filled in by the server (if account is inactive)? Is this normal behavior Are there other placeholders that can be used to provide alloted e-mail accounts/ftp accounts etc info

Oh and i'd love to get rid of that footer in the notifications (with the plesk social media icons / business address info) too

Back