• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Correct DNS settings?

X

xenotronic

Hi there!

First of all, i like to thank you for this great Product Plesk! It works fine and fast!

If i set up a domain almost works fine, but I still get some "errors" if I check my domain on:

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?&domain=kompa.ch

FAIL DNS servers have A records
FAIL DNS servers have A records ERROR. One or more of your DNS servers are missing A records (per NS records that may be cached). As a result, they cannot be used. The problem hostnames are:

216.69.169.135. has no A record. 216.69.169.105. has no A record.

FAIL NS
A timeout occurred getting the NS records from your nameservers! None of your nameservers responded fast enough. They are probably down or unreachable. I can't continue since your nameservers aren't responding. If you have a Watchguard Firebox, it's due to a bug in their DNS Proxy, which must be disabled (31 Jul 2006 UPDATE: several years after being informed of this, there is a rumor that there is a fix that allows the Watchguard DNS proxy to work).

How can i get rid of these messages? Or doesn't it matter?

Thanx :)

Hello,

First of all make sure that you have assigned the IP in plesk that you are using for primary and secondry dns. Usually people forget to setup the secondary ip in Plesk / server.

I would recommend you to setup a correct template first for your servers:

Login to Plesk > Server > DNS Settings >

Host Record type Value

<domain>. NS ns1.your-name-server.com.
<domain>. NS ns2.your-name-server.com.
<domain>. A <ip>
<domain>. MX (10) mail.<domain>.
<ip> / 24 PTR <domain>.
ftp.<domain>. CNAME <domain>.
mail.<domain>. A <ip>
ns1.<domain>. A 216.69.169.105
ns2.<domain>. A 216.69.169.135
sitebuilder.<domain>. A 216.69.169.105
webmail.<domain>. A <ip>

After settings your DNS template in above way. Simply go you domain > DNS > Click on restore default with www prefix and this will be ok. Please use your own name servers and IPs in your DNS template.

PLESK DNS Settings

Hi Thanx for your great post.

My question is also if i need a domain name for using my dns server?

Couldn't I use just the two ip's which were provided from my virtual server?

Thanx!

Yes, you will use your own IP's that has been given by your virtual service provider. And you can use your own DNS for your domain.

You must modify above records according to your IP's and DNS....!

Back