1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Correct way of editing vhost configs?

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by SFMAdmin, Mar 1, 2011.

1. SFMAdmin

SFMAdmin Guest

Hi,

We're in the process of migrating to Plesk 10 from plesk 8.

I've noticed that the /var/www/vhosts/<domain>/conf/ directory now contains some sort of versioned vhosts system.

Can you direct me to the correct way modify parameters for particular vhosts?

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Affiliate:
    https://plesk.com/?a_aid=59ae552b0731c
  3. SFMAdmin

SFMAdmin Guest

This is horrible.

4. SFMAdmin

SFMAdmin Guest

This basically outlines how to change the defaults for every site, not just one vhost. What is the correct way to edit a vhost for one domain?

5. SFMAdmin

SFMAdmin Guest

For anyone else looking for how to do this, I didn't think to look in the generated version file:
    # ATTENTION!
    # DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE OR ANY PART OF IT. THIS CAN RESULT IN IMPROPER PLESK
    # FUNCTIONING OR FAILURE, CAUSE DAMAGE AND LOSS OF DATA. IF YOU REQUIRE CUSTOM
    # MODIFICATIONS TO BE APPLIED TO THE CONFIGURATION, PLEASE, PERFORM THEM IN THE
    # FOLLOWING FILE(S):
    #/var/www/vhosts/domain/conf/vhost.conf
    #/var/www/vhosts/domain/conf/vhost_ssl.conf

and then run

$PRODUCT_ROOT_D/admin/sbin/websrvmng --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=domain.tld