• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Corrupted MailEnable Address-Map.tab file?

Bogdan ,

U just cannot blame swsoft for this as they are just integrating the free version of mail server provided by the mail enable.

And remember that anything free cannot be relied on completely ;).

If you wish to have a reliable mail service , go for the paid version of mail enable or switch to other mail servers that can be integrated with plesk.

Check out the mail server integration with plesk ;)

Sam

Originally posted by Bogdan
What you really mean to say is that I should PAY SWsoft support for these kind of answers...

But no, thank you...

Does anyone else feel as frustrated as me and as helpless with this kind of probles, or is it just me?

Yes, other people are getting frustrated. For a while I was reccomending Plesk to my clients as a solutionf or their hosting needs (I work almost exclusively with small ISP's) but in the end I had to stop. I am evaluating other solutions to the problem (Help, Ensim and so on).

Honestly it really loosk like SWsoft as a company just doesn't have the kind of torque needed for a vendor that wants companies to entrust them with a core compoennt of their business.

Originally posted by cybernova
U just cannot blame swsoft for this as they are just integrating the free version of mail server provided by the mail enable.

Of course we can. It is Plesks job to stay on top of integration problems and, where applicable, provide fixes or NOT INTEGRATE THE TOOL.

Same problem and client loss...

I have the same corruption problem and I am not running ME standard, but Professional.

My clients are not so pacient as the friends in this forum and already start to move from my server.

Please SW ppl, solve this issue.

We also have this problem, it is not as often as it used to be now are using 7.5.6

Perhaps its a locking issue, or maybe a communication issue between the API and Plesk. When it happens all of the data is present, just written mabye over two lines in chunks of data repeated.

I'll probably contact support next week and see what they can come up with as it does cause alot of problems.

Plesk development team is currently testing a new method of managing ME. Please wait.

I renamed the .sav to .map and now the emails is working again

I hope that sw-soft fix it soon as possible

SWSoft is right in blame MailEnable

I really think Plesk doesn't access the .tab files directly. The API's provided by the ME are corrupting the files, and it's own webmail, etc...

But, why does Plesk continue to distribute this piece of junk email server? SW ppl, consider to change the mail server in your default distribution for windows. It will be very lucrative to you as long you don't have to support this ****.

Is there actually a free mail server that works perfectly with Plesk for Windows?
If not, will it be someday soon?

Originally posted by OlegB
Plesk development team is currently testing a new method of managing ME. Please wait.

any update on this ? its the second day in a row with plesk 7.5.6 that i'v had to rename .sav to .tab

ME Entrerprise

SW ppl,

If I migrate to Mail Enable Enterprise this problem will persist? I read that ME Enterprise can use SQL databases (mySQL and MSSQL) that will, probably, not cause file corruption anymore.

Is that correct? Will I get some compatibility problem with Plesk?

Thanks.

I've had this problem for going on two years with ME Professional. If we weren't actually paying for MailEnable I wouldn't be upset.

Truthfully the problem isn't with Plesk. SW-Soft are using the API that is exposed to them. The problem lies in the way ME handles file contention. The next time either ME or SW-Soft blame the other, ask for proof. Simply say "show me".

I'm not sure what to tell you about ME Enterprise. It seems like a massive expense to incur just to fix a problem that's their (ME's) bug to begin with. We're about to go through a very large and expensive conversion soon to SmarterMail because of this.

Migration to SmaterMail

Hello Mertz and SW ppl,

Can you tell if the migration proccess to SmaterMail is painfull? Does it migrate all accounts, mailboxes, passwords, msgs and contacts in ME?

Here's the migration path we're going to use:

1. Send out a memo to all clients to get their users to download all mail before 5pm on a Friday.

2. Take the server offline and remove MailEnable.

3. Clean every last vestige of MailEnable off the server.

4. Install Smarter Mail and set up the spools, etc. Change the server to use Smartermail from the Plesk panel.

5. run "mchk.exe --all --fix=all" to restore all the domains and users to SmarterMail from the Plesk database.

6. Test and return the server to operation

That's all you theoretically should have to do. If you want to keep the email it gets much more complicated and I don't recommend doing it.

Any company that SELLS a product that relies on a FREE 3rd party component deserves to get flack when their product does not work as advertised! And to have the cheek to charge extra for suport?? :confused:

I'm not a fan of Plesk AT ALL! I'm convinced that it's causing all the problems on our VPS, but the problem is the ISP won't let me uninstall it and run the server the way I'd like (ie via Remote Desktop).

The only good thing POTENTIALLY about Plesk as far as I'm concerned is the mail features, and if that doesn't work reliably, what's the point of it? I don't need Plesk to control my websites (it doesn't do a good job of it, anyway), I just want email/webmail capabilities, but not at the expense of an unreliable service that will lose me clients.

SW Soft, if you can't find a reliable 3rd party component for your app to work with, then BUILD YOUR OWN! That's what software development is all about!! ;)

Re: ME Entrerprise

Originally posted by Henrique
If I migrate to Mail Enable Enterprise this problem will persist? I read that ME Enterprise can use SQL databases (mySQL and MSSQL) that will, probably, not cause file corruption anymore.

Is that correct? Will I get some compatibility problem with Plesk?

Unfortunately Plesk does not support ME with SQL yet.
It will probably be in Plesk 8 for Windows.

From "Plesk 7.5.6 for Windows Update (060502.17)"

"3. [-] Problem with corrupted MailEnable configuration files is solved."

Hope this is it!!!

I hope to that this is the fix finally.

Anyone can confirm that the patch actually fixed the problem?

Back