• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Could not issue/renew Let`s Encrypt certificates

pauls1919

New Pleskian
We have more websites that are on our plesk server, some of them have A record elsewhere and we do Let's Encrypt on plesk just for mail and webmail.
but we get daily mails like this:

Could not secure domains of XXXXX (login XXXXXX) with Let`s Encrypt certificates. Please log in to Plesk and secure the domains listed below manually.
Securing of the following domains has failed:

** 'XXX' **
Invalid response from https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/authz-v3/XXXX.
Details:
Type: urn:ietf:params:acme:error:unauthorized
Detail: Invalid response from http://XXXXX: "<
The following domains have been secured without some of their Subject Alternative Names:

<none>

Could not renew Let`s Encrypt certificates for XXXXX (login XXXXX). Please log in to Plesk and renew the certificates listed below manually.
Renewal of the following Let`s Encrypt certificates has failed:

<none>

The following Let`s Encrypt certificates have been renewed without some of their Subject Alternative Names:

<none>

Legend:
[+] This domain is secure. The domain's SSL/TLS certificate from Let`s Encrypt has been issued/renewed.
[-] This domain is not secure. Either the domain's SSL/TLS certificate from Let`s Encrypt could not be issued/renewed or the domain name was excluded from the certificate. Renew the certificate manually or request a new one to secure this domain.​

i also have a similar issue on another plesk server for a website hosted there , certificate is renewed but i still receive failed emails:
Could not secure domains of........ (login .....) with Let`s Encrypt certificates. Please log in to Plesk and secure the domains listed below manually.
Securing of the following domains has failed:

** '.........' **
Invalid response from https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/authz-v3/..............
Details:
Type: urn:ietf:params:acme:error:unauthorized
Detail: Invalid response from ...................[.....}: "<html>\r\n<head><title>404 Not Found</title></head>\r\n<body>\r\n<center><h1>404 Not Found</h1></center>\r\n<hr><center>nginx</center>\r\n"

The following domains have been secured without some of their Subject Alternative Names:

<none>

Could not renew Let`s Encrypt certificates for ................. (login ...............). Please log in to Plesk and renew the certificates listed below manually.
Renewal of the following Let`s Encrypt certificates has failed:

<none>

The following Let`s Encrypt certificates have been renewed without some of their Subject Alternative Names:

<none>

Legend:

i had checked orders and there is 2 days ago renewed, but still i get failed renew
-rw------- 1 psaadm psaadm 735 Jan 18 14:49 /usr/local/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/orders/0f5ceda35b99580138d0efb73d8a8b9e6558f51b.json

Back