• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved Could not issue/renew Let's Encrypt certificates for <customer>

Epic Voyage

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS 7 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.60 Update #1
Hi,

I have an older server which has been upgraded to Plesk Obsidian. I am receiving SSL renewal failure emails, like the one attached, which refer to a customer in the subject line, but which have an empty body. There are no domains or subdomains listed.

Is there a way to determine which domain is causing the problem (and maybe fix the email template?) without clicking through each subdomain on the server?

Attachments

• lets-encrypt-renewal-error.png
    lets-encrypt-renewal-error.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 0
You'll probably find some info about the failed certificate(s) renewal in the panel log. Look at Tools & Settings > Log browser > Plesk.

As for the empty body in the notification you can check in Tools & Settings > Notifications if the "SSL It! certificates auto-renewal failure" notification has a body by clicking the edit icon.
Schermafbeelding 2024-06-09 215423.png

The default body is:
Code:
Could not secure domains of <client_contact_name> (login <client_login>) with <vendor> certificates. Please log in to Plesk and secure the domains listed below manually.
Securing of the following domains has failed:

<failedKeepDomainsSecured>

The following domains have been secured without some of their Subject Alternative Names:

<keepDomainsSecuredWithErrors>

Could not renew <vendor> certificates for <client_contact_name> (login <client_login>). Please log in to Plesk and renew the certificates listed below manually.
Renewal of the following <vendor> certificates has failed:

<notRenewedCertificates>

The following <vendor> certificates have been renewed without some of their Subject Alternative Names:

<partiallyRenewedCertificates>

Legend:
[+] This domain is secure. The domain's SSL/TLS certificate from <vendor> has been issued/renewed.
[-] This domain is not secure. Either the domain's SSL/TLS certificate from <vendor> could not be issued/renewed or the domain name was excluded from the certificate. Renew the certificate manually or request a new one to secure this domain.

Those logs are extremely helpful!

And the SSLIt! template was empty. I will mark this as resolved after confirming my next warning email.

Thank you for the thorough solution!

I thought I used to be able to edit posts to marked them as [Resolved], but do not see that option now. Both aspects of your solution are working great. Thanks again!

Back