• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Services2...

Chris1

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I am very new to using Plesk on Windows, I've only ever managed Linux servers, so I apologize in advance if this is a very simple issue to resolve.

I have setup a Plesk 12.5 server on Windows Server 2012 R2 and have migrated a test website over from an existing Windows Plesk 10 servers to ensure the new server is working correctly.

When trying to load the website in question, I get a "Server Error in '/' Application." error. I've attached a screenshot to show this error.

Could someone with Windows server knowledge please let me know why this is occurring and point me in the right direction to resolve this problem? I have tried ASP.NET 3.5 and 4.6.

Thanks!

Attachments

• server-error.JPG
    server-error.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 2
The error reflects a few things to check. First, please ensure that ASP.NET is updated to the latest if that's the version your app targets. Second, check the Web Server feature to ensure that all is installed. This is accomplished via server manager roles and features. Third, ensure that this DLL has full permissions by the Plesk Admin user account. Finally, please run Web Platform Installer and check fir the library as an installable item. Hope this helps.

Back