• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

cpanel plugin and DOMAIN as the domain name

Michael_Shoemaker

New Pleskian
Is there an update to the cpanel plugin for the recent versions of cpanel?

The plugin requiremens have a version of WHM that isn't even on the installable list. (11.38)
The copy of wpb_cpanel.run that the instructions say to download hasn't been updated since Nov 7 2013.

Current sites and any new ones created have DOMAIN as the only option for creating new sites when selecting the presence builder plugin. Subdomains appear to be unaffected and function as expected.

The workaround we currently have is to create a subdomain for each site of wpb.domain.tld, but this seems to be a bit asinine.

currently using the lts 11.50 of whm and 11.50 presence builder.

Will we need to continue to use the kludge or is there a new plugin in the works?

This is a bug from the Cpanel plug-in. They actualy don't care. I tried to contact them but had no response. And they want to charge us for about $70 just to open a bug report. Anyway, i was able to fix this on my own. Here is how to fix this:

Backup your original file
# cp /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/webpresencebuilder/index.live.php /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/webpresencebuilder/index.live.BKP.php.

Edit the index.live.php file on Cpanel plug-in:
# edit /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/webpresencebuilder/index.live.php

Then change these three lines from:
$domains = array(
'__MAIN__' => array(
'domain' => $cpanel->cpanelprint('DOMAIN'),

To:
$result = $cpanel->api2('DomainLookup', 'getmaindomain');
$odomain=$result[cpanelresult][data][0][main_domain];
$domains = array(
'__MAIN__' => array(
'domain' => "$odomain",

Save and done. Test it using the account username and password. Do not test with root password.

Hope they fix it on their end soon.

Cheers
Daniel

This is a bug from the Cpanel plug-in. They actualy don't care. I tried to contact them but had no response. And they want to charge us for about $70 just to open a bug report. Anyway, i was able to fix this on my own. Here is how to fix this:

Backup your original file
# cp /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/webpresencebuilder/index.live.php /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/webpresencebuilder/index.live.BKP.php.

Edit the index.live.php file on Cpanel plug-in:
# edit /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/webpresencebuilder/index.live.php

Then change these three lines from:
$domains = array(
'__MAIN__' => array(
'domain' => $cpanel->cpanelprint('DOMAIN'),

To:
$result = $cpanel->api2('DomainLookup', 'getmaindomain');
$odomain=$result[cpanelresult][data][0][main_domain];
$domains = array(
'__MAIN__' => array(
'domain' => "$odomain",

Save and done. Test it using the account username and password. Do not test with root password.

Hope they fix it on their end soon.

Cheers
Daniel

Hi, I also have an issues in logging back into cPanel. If I log out of cPanel, then attempt to log back in, it tells me that the user name or password is incorrect. This has been going on for a while now. I finally figured out yesterday that if I delete a cookie called cprelogin, it fixes the issue. The cookie is only created if you actually hit the logout link in cPanel.

Is there some setting in WHM that I set to make this happen? It's seriously irritating.

Thanks.

Back